This past month I have been busy with a new WordPress theme known as Divi. Whenever you build a new website it’s a great idea to add Google Analytics. Divi makes it super easy to add Google Analytics to your Divi theme.
Here are the simple steps to install Google Analytics tracking code on your WordPress website using a Divi theme.
- Step 1: You need to get the Google Analytic tracking code. (See Setting Up Google Analytics).
Note: If you have already setup Google Analytics for the website, simply log into your Google Analytics account, click on the “Admin” tab and choose your website. Under the Property column there is an option for “Tracking Info”. Select “Tracking Code” and copy the website tracking script that is provided.
Click on the Google Analytics “Admin Menu –> Tracking Info”
Click on the Google Analytics “Admin Menu –> Tracking Info –> Tracking Code”
Copy the Website Tracking ID
- Step 2: Log into your website’s WordPress admin “yourdomain.com/wp-admin”.
- Step 3: Select Divi –> Divi Theme Options (Integration) tab
- Step 4: Paste the copied Google Analytics Tracking Code information into the section that says “Add code to the < body > (good for tracking codes such as google analytics)”
- Step 5: Check that you have setup the Analytics Correctly by clicking on the “Send Test Traffic” button from within Google Analytics.
After you added your Google Analytics to your Divi Theme, I have written another really cool article to make your Divi Blog Pop.
Rather than having the boring Divi out of the box blog, you can create a Divi Magazine Blog Layout.
Divi Magazine Blog Layout